domingo, 29 de abril de 2012

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Hey Hey !

After searching for many many months for the perfect foundation I think I have finally found the one. Before I get onto the review, let me tell you my story. I have dry, flaky skin, skin that was impossible to match foundation to. So, on my quest to find the best foundation for me, I was looking fro a very hydrating foundation, one with a either a dewy or satin finish so as not to emphasize the flakiness of my skin. But I thought first, that maybe i should invest in a really good moisturizer and nourish my skin first so that I can then find the perfect foundation. 
After using Benefit's Total Moisture cream for like a month, my skin is much more hydrated and no longer flaky.
So the two foundations that my search came up with, were the MAC Face&Body and Bourjois Healthy Mix.
So The MAC foundation met my criteria of dewy and hydrating but besides the price, another con was the coverage was super sheer. So that ruled it out.
Then I tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix and loved it. 



This first off, was way cheaper than the MAC. It is dewy, hydrating and offers medium coverage that is easily build able. The reason I think it is easily build able, is because it dries quite fast. It gives you enough time to work it in, and dries off almost instantly after buffing in. This makes it ideal for building up coverage as you don't have to wait for the first application to dry for too long.
I apply it with a stippling brush, similar to a MAC 187, using stippling motions, not necessarily buffing it in. It gives me great coverage with a very nice dewy finish and it is super light on the skin. You do however need a powder to top it off or a primer underneath so that it lasts long. The company claims that it lasts for 16 hours but on me, without a primer, I find that it slides a bit after a couple of hours.
IN general though, a great foundation that I will definitely be repurchasing.  
Teenager Out !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario